Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Reflections on day two

So I woke up this morning, and stepped on the scale. I'm down 6 pounds in the first 2 days. Now I have a gluten allergy, as well as PMDD going on, so I'm not really sure if it's the diet or the other two issues having been a little better at the moment. I am currently happy with the 6 pound loss on paper but I notice my energy level is lacking something special. So I just really am not going to write that much today, but remark that hopefully tomorrow my energy level will be soaring!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, Chris! I am so proud of you for your determination and motivation. You go girl!!

    I would caution you, however, about relying on that scale. It's most likely the 6 pound loss is a result of the things you did last week, not over the past two days. That scale can be such a high when you're happy with the number you see. But, if you don't like that number, it can de-rail your whole day or even week. The weight loss journey is sooooo much more than a number on a scale.

    Personally, I think the scale should be thrown out. You can measure the results of your efforts in many other ways. But, I know it's a hard habit to break--I still have mine, but I get on it only once a month now.

    Anyway, here are some articles to consider:
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/articles/scale_lies.htm

    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/135924/the_scale_skinny_better_ways_to_measure.html?cat=5

    And, my shameless plug: http://herteljournal.wordpress.com/2009/02/12/nsvs/

    Keep up the awesome work, my beautiful sister! :)

    ReplyDelete